Peter Lipman-Wulf (1905-1993) first conceived this celebration of love in 1953. The sculpture Wedding Rings was first sculpted from Brazilian rosewood in 1953. It was exhibited under the name Embrace, then as Rings. Eventually, Lipman-Wulf’s then-wife, Muriel, had the idea to call it Wedding Rings, since the artist’s poverty had prevented the couple from buying wedding rings at the time. Thus renamed and exhibited in 1958, the piece received much attention.
Wulf's work has been exhibited in many private collections and museums. Born in Germany, he later became an American citizen.
This sensitive depiction of the bonds of marriage was cast in bronze. This reproduction is cast from a resin and plaster composition.
Dimensions: Statue height is 8 inches.