This tumbled marbled stone coaster has an image of the J. L. Hudson Building in downtown Detroit at night, taken on February 3, 1965.
The J.L. Hudson Building ("Hudson's") was a department store located at 1206 Woodward Avenue in downtown Detroit, Michigan. It was constructed in 1911, with additions throughout the years, before being "completed" in 1946, and named after the company's founder, Joseph Lowthian Hudson. Hudson's first building on the site opened in 1891 but was demolished in 1923 for a new structure. It was the flagship store for the Hudson's chain. It closed on January 17, 1983 and was demolished in a controlled demolition on October 24, 1998.
Each coaster's image is officially licensed by The Detroit News and comes from their archives. Each coaster also has a Detroit News hologram sticker adhered to bottom of each tile.
Each coaster has a fade resistant image and a cork backing to protect your furniture.
Dimensions: 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" x 3/8" with a smooth edge
Made in the USA.
A great gift for Detroit boosters!