This pen is crafted from authentic Tiger Stadium seat wood. The 1970's found most Major League Ballparks converting to plastic seats from wood. Due to the age of the wood and uniqueness of the seats, no two products will be exactly the same.
Rhodium-plated rollerball pen features the seat wood twice: the barrel is turned from the wood and the painted surface is set in the top. Engraved with the Tiger Stadium ballpark name.
Ships with rollerball cartridge (Schmidt P8126 or P8127) and can also accept "Parker style" ballpoint refill cartridges.
Officially licensed by Major League Baseball, each pen comes gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Gift box included
Dimensions: 5 inches long x 7/16 inch diameter
In 1912, Tiger Stadium, originally called Navin Field after the then-owner Frank Navin, opened the same day as Fenway Park. In 1935 the name was changed to Briggs Stadium and finally became known as Tiger Stadium in 1961. The great Ty Cobb called the place home for fourteen years from the day of its opening until 1926 and it was the site of his 3,000th hit. In 1934 Babe Ruth hit his 700th career home run at Tiger Stadium and, five years later, Lou Gehrig played his last career game there. In 1968 and 1984, Tiger Stadium hosted two triumphant World Series. In 1977 the Tigers sold the stadium to the city of Detroit who then leased it back to the Tigers. During this time, plastic seats replaced green-painted wooden seats, some of which are used to craft this item. In 1999, the Tigers played their last game at Tiger Stadium and beat the Royals before moving to their current home, Comerica Park. In 2005, while the stadium was defunct but still standing, The New York Times called Tiger Stadium a "Baseball Cathedral."