This Pinecone ceramic tile is a reproduction of an original Mary Chase Stratton design. The original was designed circa 1907-10 for a fireplace in a private home on East Grand River Boulevard in Detroit.
Founded by Stratton, Pewabic Pottery has produced its popular tiles, vessels and architectural ornamentation since 1903. The glossy hand-applied glaze is highlighted by subtle variations of hue and color saturation.
Available in Pewabic Pottery's signature Arts and Crafts era glazes.
Pewabic logo stamped on back.
Measures 3" x 3".
Handcrafted in Detroit.