These cuff links are crafted from authentic green Tiger Stadium seat wood.
Set in sterling silver with swivel findings, these cuff links feature the weathered painted surface of seats from which fans cheered for decades.
The back of these square cuff links is hallmarked "Seat From Tiger Stadium."
Officially licensed by Major League Baseball, each pair of cuff links comes gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
The 1970's found most Major League Ballparks converting to plastic seats from wood. This product is crafted from the old, wooden seats. Due to the age of the wood and uniqueness of the seats, no two products will be exactly the same. The painted surfaces may be multicolored due to layers of paint.
Gift box included.
Dimensions: 5/8 x 5/8 inches
In 1912, Tiger Stadium, originally called Navin Field after the then-owner Frank Navin, opened the same day as Fenway Park. In 1935 the name was changed to Briggs Stadium and finally became known as Tiger Stadium in 1961. The great Ty Cobb called the place home for fourteen years from the day of its opening until 1926 and it was the site of his 3,000th hit. In 1934 Babe Ruth hit his 700th career home run at Tiger Stadium and, five years later, Lou Gehrig played his last career game there. In 1968 and 1984, Tiger Stadium hosted two triumphant World Series. In 1977 the Tigers sold the stadium to the city of Detroit who then leased it back to the Tigers. During this time, plastic seats replaced green-painted wooden seats, some of which are used to craft this item. In 1999, the Tigers played their last game at Tiger Stadium and beat the Royals before moving to their current home, Comerica Park. In 2005, while the stadium was defunct but still standing, The New York Times called Tiger Stadium a "Baseball Cathedral."